Real Racing isn't just part of our tagline. At LeMans Karting, it means gas-powered and tuned European karts that deliver power and handle like their larger versions. Real racing means we never throttle your kart's speed. It means we use the same flags to communicate with drivers as you'll see on a real race track. It means each location features a MegaTrack™ that challenges your technical ability- and whether you're brave enough to push harder and brake later. It means the ability to go side by side with other racers to the checkered flag.
We're passionate about delivering the most genuine, fun and safe indoor karting experience in the country. After all, we're racers ourselves.
LeMans Karting- Mechanics Needed (Portsmouth, VA)
Job Title: Mechanic
Department: Mechanic Shop
Reports To: Corporate Mechanic Manager/Management Team
Rev. Date: May 12, 2022
The Mechanic will be working independently in the shop to repair, maintain, and
improve the karts to meet the LeMans Karting safety and performance standards,
working under the supervising staff.
Key Success Factor:
You will be graded on your ability to ensure we’re meeting targets on the number of
tuned & running karts. League karts must be tested to within 0.3 seconds/lap
deviation. Fleet to meet LeMans cleanliness standards.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
● All karts in the pit MUST be safe for use, clean and fully functional.
● Constant awareness of usable karts vs. target needed for daily reservations.
● Maintain tools, shop, and track area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
● Review & File Repair Orders, prioritize repairs efficiently according to the
current needs of the track (ensuring a minimum number of karts are
available at all times).
● Tests, Tunes, Repairs and Maintains kart fleet to LeMans Karting specs of
performance, safety and appearance. Weekly testing report required.
● Preventive maintenance outlined on the Repair Order sheet must be
completed before re-commissioning a kart back into the fleet for customer
● Scheduled maintenance such as alignments, brake checks, engine tune-ups,
oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters,
cleaning/replacing carbs to be done consistently to a schedule.
● Maintains Kart functional condition by conducting regular inspections,
repairing engine failures, repairing mechanical systems malfunctions,
replacing parts and components, repairing body damage.
● Verifies kart parity (all karts must perform equally) by conducting test drives,
adjusting controls and systems, and tuning each kart to perform within 0.3
seconds of each other.
● Complies with State vehicle requirements by maintaining safety and visual
standards. (Visual inspections)
● Maintain daily repair and maintenance logs, and weekly status reports (status
board kept up to date).
● Keeps shop equipment operating safely and cost-effectively by following
operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies;
performing preventive maintenance.
● Contains costs by evaluating service and parts options.
● Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
● Follows the LeMans Karting Standards of conduct, appearance, safety
teamwork and behavior at all times.
● Oral and Written Communication Skills
● Maintain a professional appearance
● Leadership Skills
● Time Management
● Consistent smile and happy attitude
● Team Player
● Attention to detail
Excellent Customer service
● Ability to bend, squat, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
Ability to push, lift, or move 50 or more pounds
● Prior work as a mechanic is not required; however, a basic hands-on
understanding of tool usage and mechanical repair is a must
About LeMans Karting
Established in 2005, LeMans Karting’s mission is to provide the thrill of real
wheel-to-wheel racing excitement to the masses, affordably. The Company
employs the use of high-performance European karts rated to 50 mph, and indoor
as well as indoor/outdoor road-race style tracks designed to challenge both
beginner and expert drivers alike. LeMans Karting serves walk-in racers aged 8 -
80 years old, as well as delivers the most memorable Corporate Teambuilding and
Private Events. For more information, visit www.LeMansKarting.com .
Applications and Resumes to be sent to: info.va@LeMansKarting.com (updated email)